Closing Day is an exciting day!
Here are some simple steps that can help keep everything smooth rolling on the big day. Discuss these steps with your Escrow Officer.
- Tell your REALTOR and Escrow Officer if you will be unable to come to their office at closing.
- Read your Commitment for Title and notify your Escrow Officer of any discrepancies in the information.
- If funds will come from out of state, let your Escrow Officer know at least two weeks before closing.
- Call your Escrow Officer the week prior to closing to set your closing appointment.
- Tell your employer of your appointment.
- Ask your Escrow Officer about funds to bring to the closing and what form they should be in for your escrow.
- If you are unsure about the closing procedure, ask questions; an explanation is just a phone call away.
- Be prepared for last-minute requirements by the buyer’s lender.
- Bring a photo ID with you to the signing and ask your Escrow Officer what is acceptable.
Source: First Arizona Title Agency